Monday, September 21, 2009

Not Too Old to Party

The last concert we went to, we loved the opening bands. But when the Foo Fighters took the stage, we'd already seen them before and their performance was less than stellar, so we were secretly glad because our old bodies can't party like they used to. We left in the middle of the set.
So when we bought tix to see The Killers the other night we were determined to party like the rest of those young'uns. Ok, so we're only 28, but I feel old. I was falling asleep before we made it to the car, and the fact that we spent the earlier part of the week trying to keep up with our kids on Catalina, we were more than slightly sleep-deprived.

Isn't it funny how time goes on? I am so grateful that I am not who I was when I was 18, but aging certainly has it's benefits and it's drawbacks. I aint no old fart yet, but there are times when I quote movies, or phrases and my students look at me like I have a 3rd eye.

Then again, on the other hand, when it comes to back-to-school night, their parents kindly ask me if I know when the teacher is going to show up.

Oh! Age. Thou art a crafty devil, inconspicuous and violent, pervasive and undeniable, a friend and a foe.

5 comments:

Boomer46 said...

Oh come on! Next you'll be saying that "youth is wasted on the young"!
-The old fart

Lauren Maurer said...

Oh, Lindsey, how I can appeciate this post! :) Age is funny, isn't it? All the time my daughter's friends ask her if I'm really her mom or why I'm so short! And the other day I took my daughter to piano lessons and one of the guitar teachers was singing Guns and Roses and his student was like... "Oh I've heard that old song before..." lol

Unknown said...

sometimes i ditch out of stuff early because i'm old and tired and i get sort of sad about it, but really, i sort of love it. i love getting sleep every night and having lots of energy. i love being old!

and by "old" i mean late 20's!! haha.

lyndsey @ the stationery place said...

ha...it's so true. mid-to-late 20s is a weird time...we're not old yet, but we're def not staying up all night anymore ;) glad you're still cool enough to go to concerts :)

Dionne said...

I know the feeling. I used to be out all the time, wanting to do stuff and never sleep - those days are llooooooong over. I love sleep and rest too much now, hahaha.