Friday, February 12, 2010

When Does Persistence Pay Off?

I'm desperately trying to re-learn Photoshop and Illustrator.

As a developing artist in high school I always preferred real paint and paper over a mouse and a monitor, but in college I finally took an intro graphic design class. Now I'm wishing I had paid more attention.

As I try to re-teach myself, I've found Pioneer Woman Photography to be a great go-to place for both info and inspiration. So as I read up on depth of field, this Dahlia by SKC Photos reminds me that we could be living in a little house on a street with a similar name very soon.

We are in escrow, folks! After a long and patient 7 months we are hoping to close on a home on Dalea Place by the end of the month. Phew! I hope it was worth it. Here's a little sneak peek of the floor.

Please excuse the photo, it was taken from the realtor website.

What sites for inspiration and information to you find yourself frequenting? Let a girl in on your secrets!

2 comments:

FEDERICA said...

That first picture is stunning! Love the colours!
Happy Valentine's day :-)
Federica
xoxo

kelsea yetton said...

Congrats!! I'm so happy you guys are gonna get in a house, and with a floor like that! That is way rad!