Sunday, September 30, 2012

Bring on the Brisk, Please!

 It's officially fall in most of the country.  In San Diego, it's hard to enjoy the lingering heat of a mercurial summer, especially when around here the seasons are green and brown with no rainbow of foliage as enjoyed in my youth in Utah to speak of.
I have a special place in my heart and my budget for chai tea, an affinity for mountain shoulders robed in coats of many colors.  Mom used to start making applesauce in the fall for us to open once the first snow arrived.  As of now, chai tea is still on ice and apples are sliced fresh from the fridge.
I think someone forgot to tell the weather-maker that Autumn is awaited as it's supposed to be 90 degrees tomorrow and our sans-AC bedroom will make for another stifling, fan-stirring night of restlessness.  I can't wait until a good sweater and hot drink are in order.

2 comments:

A Lady's Life said...

I love the pumpkins
Here in BC the days are shorter but the weather also is warm and without rain. We should have had rain since September.
Whose complaining?

Scarlett said...

Come back to Utah! The fall here is the best! Although it is quite short lived. Well, I don't blame you for staying where you are. California is pretty great, too. ;)