Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Surprise Visit

I have a friend who sometimes blogs, with a wink and a smile, about all the wonderfully embarrassing things that happen to her in her less than mundane life at home with her two adorable girls.

The Fluffy One likes to lay out too...and share my pillow

Here is my nod to her:

Step 1: Don itty bitty bikini that no one but the walls in the back yard ever see me in.
Step 2: Hammock and Psychology lecture on iPod.  Turn it up, zone out.
Step 3: While listening to the various stages of consciousness and sleep, be vaguely aware that the dog is barking somewhere inside.  Ignore it.  Again.
Step 4: Furiously scramble to cover myself, twisting, turning and flailing. Readjust said bikini in areas where it's been inched back to allow for fewer tan lines, but do this in the most graceful and expedient way a hammock will allow, eventually being spilled on the cement, along with my iced tea.
Step 5: Excuse myself, not at all awkwardly, from the pest control man who just rounded the corner and likely got the surprise of the day.

Note to self: Remember when it's bug spray day.

2 comments:

Dionne said...

Hahahaha, I am sure he liked that surprise though, hahahaha!

Scarlett said...

Sounds like a great friend!

Hope all is going well with you! :)