Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pumpkin Painting


All right, I said I would paint a study of these pumpkins from the patch by coast highway; I rather like them! It's not a large one, and was quite fast (2 hours, maybe 3 max?). It was nearly all wet in wet, no glazing except a bit on the shadows of the pumpkins and the rear leaf veins. I used salt for the texture and had to scrape out some highlights on the yellow pumpkin stem. Other than that, it's pretty straight forward. This may not end up being just a study (and it's a far cry from the pumpkins I painted in high school!)

2 comments:

Mick and Tiff said...

Love that painting! You are amazing!

Unknown said...

Lindsey the way you whip out masterful art just reminds me what a magnificent gift God has given you! It makes me love Him and you more and more ;)