Sunday, January 11, 2009

Amy Butler's Nappy Bag

Immediately after my last post I got to work in the craft room. I started out with something nondescript, not worth posting here. (Think of it as a sketch, a brainstorm to just get the creative juices flowing). Thus, it was valuable in a way that got me going on another oh so cute and oh so rewarding project:
This Nappy Bag by Amy Butler is supposed to be a diaper bag, but with a little improvisation on the interior, using no canvas lining and instead using interfacing in every layer, this sturdy bag is good for school books, farmers market finds, or the gym. It even has a cell phone pocket on the exterior!

After being inspired by my "peppery" cousin, Cecily's, b-day present for me (yet another awesome bag) I found a tutorial for a coin purse on her friend's blog and made a matching one for my bag.

Next on my list? I've got some aprons I want to make. I also have in the works several paintings to do.

3 comments:

Dana said...

you are amAzing! (emphasis on the second A). I SO want to learn how to sew. I have a sewing machine sitting upstairs that I don't know how to load the little thread things into!! What's up with that? Anyway. You are great, I miss you. Sure would love to plan a Cali road trip this summer...... hmmmm.... :) Love ya!

Boomer46 said...

I can't wait to see what your next paintings look like.

Anonymous said...

The bag is beautiful. The workmanship was great. It was fun working with you the last two days.