Monday, March 30, 2009

What Do You Do When it's Springtime?


Cold air in my lungs, Modest Mouse in my ears, Sunshine on my shoulders...this morning's run was exceptional. The music stopped and was replaced by melodious sonnets of birds; I wonder which ones were the chirps of spring's new babies? I'm certainly no Cecily, Sara, or Jen, but running is my exercise of choice.My dad rides bikes, this is him in Moab this month on a 3-day, the previous weekend he did a century (100 miles) from St. George to Zion.
My sister plays the viola like a master.
This is what my little brother does for fun.
My mom's a world traveler and an artist like me.
And my older brother is a Crocodile Hunter and collects baseball cards. Serious stuff.

It's spring, people, get alive!
What do you do to stay healthy, in body and in mind?

6 comments:

Dionne said...

Being creative is a huuuuge part of me keeping healthy. I think that whenever we do things that we are passionate about, and fulfilling God's Purpose for our lives, we are sooo much better off.

And anything outdoors is a great way to soak in the Springlyness.

Love the pic of you in the flowers!

A Lady's Life said...

Beautiful pics
Yup sure is spring and time to enjoy.
:)

Stacey Sargent said...

That top picture of you is GORGEOUS! I love it!

Jen Jacobs said...

AHH Springtime! Well, we are not totally being graced with springtime warmth outside yet. But my daffodils are blooming which is a sure sigh of spring. I plan to start running with Jackson, however it is harder with a stroller I must say. Good for you getting out and I didn't know that you were a runner. Cooool!

Blair Friedeman said...

Wow! You make me want to take up running! Love that photo of you. In the winter I skate ski and downhill ski and in the summer I have fallen in love with mountain biking. However, we are now currently in the in between season and I am thinking yoga will have to be the phsyical activity of the season.

I am with Dionne--being creative definitley knees at least my mental health in check.

Anna O'Reilly said...

your flower picture is simply stunning