Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Oasis in the Bedroom

Well, despite every aspiration I had for being the world's best blogger this summer, my efforts have fallen by the wayside as I sift through the unending to-do list during these blissful months of play, rest and work.

I did mention in my last post that I would be busy, so here is a glimpse at some of the things I have tackled and am in the midst of currently.
The most time-consuming and rewarding endeavor is our (my) ever-progressing bedroom redesign. After painting the walls a sprightly shade of yellow and my childhood nightstand and dresser a dreamy ocean blue-green, a big change has already taken shape. New bedding thrown from our bodies on these warm summer nights is refreshing, and this pillow from Amy Butler is in the works.
Speaking of, did you know Amy Butler has a bedding line at Bed Bath & Beyond? I turned the corner and blubbered like a total idiot...I couldn't have been more shocked if she had been sitting there herself. I picked up the sweet ruffled pillow and the $40 price tag quickly reminded me that I have the very pattern at home. A trip to the fabric store afforded me the opportunity to snatch up this sweet print, and it will don my mattresses soon.
Headboard fabric has been purchased and is awaiting my eager hands for assembly, curtain and bedskirt fabric is *hopefully* in the mail, and a darling antique arts and crafts dresser is all sanded down in my garage, dreaming of the yellow stripes it will soon wear.

Even unfinished, some of our Swedish friends visited last night and I spied the Mr. peeking his head in our room and, sighing, said, "I love this room!"

You will too, once I post some finished pics!

5 comments:

Cole Franke said...

I'm about to start a similar project. Yours look great though. :)

Elise / Pennyweight said...

loving the new blog look!! and that blue-green dresser is to die for! :)

alady'slife said...

Seems like you are having a wonderful time.The end result is so satisfying when you do it all yourself isn't it???

Dana said...

I love it!! It's so fun to see your personality shine through in things like nightstands. :) You're a ray of sunshine! Love ya friend.

The Princess Chyme said...

Pretty looking bedroom. I'm thinking of a shade of yellow paint in my room too.