Friday, April 3, 2009

Art Festival Success (aka My Students are AMAZING!)

Let me preface by saying that I have received countless compliments this year on my students' work. Initially, I was pleased with the job security that comes along with having successful classes, but quickly I realized that the bar was being set quite high. If I don't produce equally amazing work in successive years...well these guys may have made me look good this year, but they're quickly becoming a threat! Tone it down, guys, come on; I like my job and want to keep it!
I will post more about my students' work on their blog, The Drying Rack, soon, but here's a little preview of their incredible skills. Above are 10th grade, below are 11th...

...and both of these are seniors (above and below). They just blow me away. I can't believe these guys!

12 comments:

Dionne said...

Dang! These guys are so talented! What great work! You must be the best teacher.

Lindsey said...

Aw, thanks Dionne. I don't know about that, I just have really talented kids.

A Lady's Life said...

the little girl is awesome.
What beautiful work!!

Boomer46 said...

This work is very cool..... Nice job, teach.

Unknown said...

wow. wow. this is amazing! you truly are a talented teacher to have such talented students!

sassy said...

hey I popped over from Dionne's blog...you are one artsy gal! My hubby has work in san diego in may, my baby 11 months and I are tagging along. we know about lego land but can you suggest anything else (we also love target! silly canadians are easy to please) you paintings are fab, love your style! and your students work is fantastic.....I teach kindergarten with a big art focus...they would just love you!

Aveen said...

Wow, you have some unbelievably talented kids in your classes! Those portraits are really something special.

Labour of Love said...

amazing...simply amazing!!! your children are truly gifted artists with pure passion...i wish i could have some of their passion bottled up to go, please! i agree with Dionne...you bring the best out of people...it truly shows!

Anonymous said...

Could you give the exact website of thier new blog?

Christy said...

Hey Mrs. Hornkolh!
Christy here and I still can't find those awesome youtube videos.If you could reply, then it would be much abliged.

Lindsey said...

Anonymous...who are you??? Don't forget to leave your name, silly! But the website is http://thedryingrack.blogspot.com

Christy, search youtube for Her Morning Elegance, or go here:
http://piggyinthepuddle.blogspot.com/2009/01/her-morning-elegance.html

Sassy Studio, there is so much here, where do I start? There's Sea World, the SD Zoo, the Wild Animal Park, the SD Children's Museum, Balboa Park, the Carlsbad Flower Fields (right by Legoland...also a cute strawberry picking stand nearby called U-Pick). Those are all big attractions, but would you like some more small scale ones?

Christy said...

That's great!
Do you have 1 for the sheep 2?